I have had another very rewarding year in Second Life, and I have been avoiding real-life chores today by creating some cards to send to my SL friends. Here’s the process so I can remember for next year!
- I designed 4 different covers and three further pages (Powerpoint ‘save as’ png then uploaded into SL),
- I selected one of three templates provided (Magical glow effect) in my ‘Create your own greeting card deluxe edition + Update 1/2’ (!)
- With instructions from Loris, I edited a card so that it would display ‘landscape’ rather than portrait (inverted the y and z coordinates),
- I edited/selected face of each part of the card in turn and dragged the picture texture to it
- On Dev’s advice I stretched the card so it would be ‘avatar-sized’
- I used my Artizan mail box to send the cards to different lists.
Firstly, a card to my fellow residents on Edunation – a great community of educators and people-who-like-educators, with the dynamic Heike Philp aka Gwen Gwasi and Randall Sadler aka Randall Renoir at the helm. We are having frequent get-togethers as we prepare for a contribution to the VWBPE event .. making Machinima.
If you are interested, please sign up to take part, or at the very least come to the Awards Ceremony which I will be organising in February.
Next – greetings to the great bunch of people who frequent ‘The Crow Bar’. This is the place I go to for relaxation, fun and friendship. Every Friday is ‘theme night’ where we can dress up if we want (but no pressure!) I am always intrigued by how cleverly Lyndy fits the music in with the theme. How many themes can you guess for the card below? (Sorry – ever the teacher!)
I am very grateful to the Italian community in SL who have taken me under their wing and allowed me to practise my Italian with them! In return (and for pleasure) I do a weekly pronunciation class…. one week pronouncing songs, the next week reading from a play, novel or TV script. Here’s their card:
And finally, thanks to all the SL residents from all over the world who befriend me and chat with me during the year. It’s a fascinating place for teachers, learners, artists, musicians, and people who just like to chat!
The inside of all four cards look like this:
I just couldn’t resist introducing Estelle to my friends … after all, she is nearly always on my lap or round my neck when I am in SL!
The first Musica in Classe of 2014 will be Tuesday 7th January, and Rick Garnburg is planning to entertain us all with a Beatles medley. You see, whatever music we choose, we always come back to the Fab Four!
The first ‘reading together’ of 2014 will be Tuesday 14th January when we will tackle Chapter 5 of ‘Alice in Wonderland’.
But before then I am going to visit some SL friends in RL Venezia! Non aspetto l’ora!
Ciao ciao for now!